1. Nobody cares if you win or lose. You are all by yourself.
2. That most of us actually don't know what to do with our lives. We are just figuring something out we have little idea about. And to some extent, pretending on the way.
3. People wanna see you doing well, but not better than them.
4. Most successes happen in small steps and take a long time.
It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success." - Lionel Messi
5. The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.
6. The people you look up to are as nervous as you are.
7. We always determine our self-worth by "comparing our behind-the-scenes bloopers to someone else's highlight reel." And this is why we have issues with our self-esteem.
8. If you want to lose weight or see your abs, you need to eat healthy.
9. You have to make decisions all the time. Even postponing a decision is your decision. Many people just wait until they have only one option and think that they can now make a decision, yet, it has been already made.
10. Looks matter. We keep denying it all the time, but an attractive person has an upper hand over a not-so-attractive person most of the times. Ugly truth.
11. You cannot change people and it is rude to try.
You can't change people, you can either accept who they are or start living life without them.
12. That no shampoo can actually nourish your hair.
13. No matter how good you are, you are replaceable. Many people deny this fact. But there is always going to come someone younger, hungrier, and better who will replace you in the top. It may take some time but you will eventually be replaced. So, don't take everything for granted.
14. The most common addiction is the draw of comfort. It wrecks and breaks people.
The greatest enemy to human potential is your comfort zone.
15. That history repeats itself because all the people throughout history were people just the same as people today. "Well XYZ from the past could never happen today, this is the 21st century!" It can. And it will.
16. That colour and sound do not exist in the real world, but are translations made by an eye or an ear and a brain based on the frequencies of reflected light or disturbed air.
17. Guilt and regret won’t make your problems go away.
Don't live with guilt or regret.